Walther Strong & Co
Deck Tape from Walther Strong & Co completely protects and seals your new or existing deck frame, protecting from water rot, moisture rot and frame weathering.
Exposure to the elements outdoors can result in significant deck frame weathering. The most common area for this damage to occur is where the deck boards come in contact with the deck substructure. Protect your deck substructure with Walther Strong Deck Tape®.
BENEFITS OF USING DECK TAPE®
- Air- and smoke-tight
- Easy release
- Tape can be easily overlapped without added any significant height which could interfere with the deck board heights
- Easy to slide boards along taped joists when installing
- If screws are removed, no residue is left on the screw
- Tape doesn’t stick to itself on the adhesive side – no wastage
- Upgraded sustainable materials – Like composite decking, we are now using sustainable materials in Deck Tape. The flat fibre strand laminated webbing layers are manufactured from self-reinforced thermo polymers which gradually increase in strength over time and are 100% recycled
Deck Tape® is a non-butyl self-sealing tape manufactured from a massively strong polymer acrylic adhesive, which gives a completely waterproof and weatherproof seal.
With a permanent adhesive bond for 50 years and a 25-year guarantee, this greatly adds to the life of your deck frame. Tested with all timber treatments.
Suitable to be used with both traditional timber decking and also the more advanced composite decking, Deck Tape® will protect any timber decking substructure. When using a composite deck board, more of the moisture will be absorbed into the substructure as it will drain off the deck boards. Higher amounts of moisture will mean that the frame will rot faster if not sealed properly.