Strulch is a light and easy to use garden mulch made from wheat straw for organic gardening. A patented process developed by Dr Geoff Whiteley at The University of Leeds, is used to ‘preserve’ the straw so that it lasts for up to two years and gives an earthy brown colour.
It has a neutral pH and can be used throughout the garden on borders, raised beds, around cultivated fruit and on vegetable plots.
Why Strulch is beneficial?
- Strulch reduces weed growth by up to 95%
- Strulch helps retain moisture around plants
- Strulch enriches soil and its structure
- Strulch is suitable around flowers, shrubs, fruit and vegetables
- Strulch lasts up to two years, spreading the cost, saving water and fertiliser, making your plants grow healthier and stronger and giving you more time to relax.
- The physical properties of Strulch together with the embedded minerals deter slugs and snails.
Come visit Jackie & Geoff on Stand K43, see samples and ask questions, they’re happy to help.